To address the needs of an evolving workforce that demands anytime, anywhere access to business applications and data, Dell yesterday announced 24 new business computing solutions and form factors, including laptops, tablets, desktops and workstation computers in one of the largest-ever introductions in the company’s history and part of 39 new solutions launching this year.
Andreas Diantoro, Managing Director, DELL South Asia & Developing Marketing Group said “As a leader in providing business solutions to organizations around the world, we are proud to announce this new portfolio of products that deliver secure, manageable and reliable solutions along with great new designs”.
Mir Saadat Ali, Country Manager, Dell Bangladesh said the way workers connect to and access business data and applications is rapidly changing, providing them unprecedented levels of productivity and knowledge. Additionally, the workforce is becoming more dispersed and global, he added. IDC estimates that one-third of the world’s workforce will be mobile by 2013.The new Dell solutions give businesses the Power To Do More and raise the bar in terms of design, manageability and security and are engineered from the ground up to make end-users more efficient while providing the right level of control for IT.
When questioned about Dell’s new solutions for the evolving workforce, the Country Manager, Dell Bangladesh, Mir Sadaat Ali, said that company’s largest-ever business computing portfolio update improves access, manageability and security for organizations of all sizes. Dell Services help customers efficiently deploy and manage corporate devices. He also introduced the new offerings include the Dell Latitude E5420, E5520, E6220, E6320, E6420, E6520 and E6420 ATG laptops. Additionally, Dell is introducing the Dell OptiPlex 990, 790 and 390 desktops as well as an OptiPlex Small Form Factor All-in-One Solution. Dell also announced the Dell Precision T1600 desktop workstation and Dell Precision M6600 and M4600 mobile workstations.
Dell Latitude E-Family
The entire Latitude E-Family has been refreshed with the Latitude E5420, E5520, E6520 E6420, E6320, E6220 and E6420 ATG laptops. The new Latitude family of laptops includes more than 100 design improvements and a range of new features to meet evolving business needs, including an increasing demand for security and manageability. New additions to the Dell Latitude family support a range of usage needs:
• The Latitude E5420 and E5520 laptops are ideal for professionals looking for a budget-conscientious blend of mobility and at-your-desk computing.
• The Latitude E6220, E6320, E6420, E6520 and E6420 ATG business-rugged laptops are designed for the most demanding conditions, with hard-wearing MIL-STD tested Tri-Metal™ casing and highly durable displays.
The new Latitude laptops offer the following:
• Completely new design from the ground up;
• Enhanced security– Dell Data Protection, Remote Data Delete and Free Fall Sensor to protect against drops;
• Planned support for pre-integrated Citrix and VMware remote desktop clients;
• Latitude commonality across 26 models – 1 dock, battery, keyboard footprint – making the management of systems much easier;
• Still the only enterprise platform with backlit keyboard options for productivity anywhere; and,
• Intel® 2nd generation Core™ processors and new graphics and memory.